[ImageJ-devel] Copy Plugin directly to Plugins folder.

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Jun 26 11:11:13 CDT 2013

Hi Chris,

> I don't understand how to change the name of the jar file created in
> the Netbeans build.  It currently builds a jar file called APC_.jar.
> The only place I can see that name is in the pom.xml in my project's
> Project Files.

As shown in the screencast, just change the <artifactId> of the project
itself. Note that this is *not* one of the <artifactId> values within the
<dependencies> block, but rather the <artifactId> immediately beneath
<project>, towards the very top of the POM.

Also as shown in the screencast, after editing your POM, NetBeans should
magically update itself to match the new information there. In my
experience, it works pretty well, but if you run into trouble, try quitting
and restarting NetBeans.

> package org.jdesktop.layout does not exist
>
> even though the swing-layout-1.0.3.jar (which contains
> org.jdesktop.layout) is in my project dependencies.

You must add a dependency to the proper GAV in your POM. In this case, it
is:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.swinglabs</groupId>
  <artifactId>swing-layout</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.3</version>
</dependency>

In general, to search for dependencies, you can use the site:

    http://maven.imagej.net/

> So in my Projects under Dependencies I have the APC_.jar with its
> version (APC_-1.0.0.jar)

I don't know where that APC_ artifact came from, but I suggest you remove
it, since it is not an actual dependency of your project.

I also highly encourage you to read through the following article to get an
overview of the Maven POM, as well as how to locate needed dependencies for
your project:

    http://fiji.sc/Maven