[ImageJ-devel] Project development in Netbeans - where to develop after setup?

Christopher Coulon coulonchris59 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 12:14:34 CDT 2013

>> If I wanted to write, say, a "Hello World" java class, where do I write
>> it so that is shows up in the ImageJ plugins menu when I run or debug
>> from Netbeans to generate the ImageJ instance?
>
> Please have a look at the examples here:
>
> 	https://github.com/imagej/imagej-tutorials
>
> Most of these projects do not implement plugins but instead show how to
> use ImageJ2 and its plugins.
>
> I will add examples for plugins as time allows, but here is the simplest
> "Hello World" I could come up with:
>
> 	https://github.com/imagej/imagej-tutorials/blob/master/simple-command/src/main/java/HelloWorldPlugin.java

What I need is where to build my .java files so that they get properly compiled into class files that show up in the plugins folder of the ImageJ instance created by Netbeans when run or debug is called in the project.  The Netbeans project has two main folders, Modules and Project Files, but I don't see where I should create my .java files and where to put my resources folder containing images used in the GUIs.

Chris