[ImageJ-devel] [Farsight-developers] [Insight-users] [ANNOUNCE] ITK 4.4.0 has been released!

Roysam, Badri broysam at Central.UH.EDU
Mon Jun 3 19:53:03 CDT 2013

Hi Curtis can you guys help us with the CZI format? It's the Zeiss image format and we are having some difficulties with it.

Badri Roysam
Sent from my iPhone
518 221 5106

On Jun 3, 2013, at 4:32 PM, "Curtis Rueden" <ctrueden at wisc.edu<mailto:ctrueden at wisc.edu>> wrote:

Hi all,

> The InsightToolkit (ITK) 4.4.0 has been released!

Congratulations to the ITK team!

Of particular interest (to me ;-) is this:

> Another new ImageIO module that expands the reach of ITK is the SCIFIO
> module.  SCIFIO is a refactoring of the Bio-Formats library.  This
> module provides access to a wide range of file formats encountered in
> life sciences/microscopy environments.  This experimental feature is
> available a Remote module; to enable it, set the Fetch_SCIFIO CMake
> variable to ON.  Many improvements and fixes are ongoing for this
> module; Git master is recommended for those interested in this module.

This has been several years in the making; kudos to Matt McCormick, Mark Hiner, Gaetan Lehmann and the whole ITK team for making it happen! And thanks to FARSIGHT and Kitware for making development of this module possible!