[ImageJ-devel] IOService changed

Mohamed Tleis mohammedtleis at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 20 11:53:07 CDT 2013

Thank you Johannes and Curtis,

> The method does still exist, but moved to DatasetService:
>
>     ij.dataset().open(String)
>
> It still returns a Dataset (so no casting is necessary), but now
> throws only IOException instead of those ImgLib2-specific exceptions.
That is good news.
Off-topic question: I was wondering if I can search the ij2 source for
all methods that returns "Dataset" variable for example. If so, that
would make things easier whenever I face a similar problem, currently I
can only search for Class names.

> I have also updated the tutorials accordingly, in case that helps.
> Please let us know of any problems with it!

Thanks again, these are wonderful tutorials, and I hope you would have
time to release some more in the future.
> Regards,
> Curtis
>

>     If you *know* that you want to open an image (and you need to open it
>     yourself rather than being nice and asking the user to open the
>     image or
>     create it or obtain in any way they want rather than the way you
>     want them
>     to) use the ImgOpener class of SCIFIO:
>     http://jenkins.imagej.net/view/SCIFIO/job/SCIFIO-javadoc/javadoc/io/scif/img/ImgOpener.html

I will try the ImgOpener later, but for now I will just use the
dataset().open from the dataset() service as I am already testing with
Dataset.

>     However, I strongly suggest that you try to make your plugin as
>     flexible
>     as possible by stating that you want a Dataset as a @Parameter
>     instead of
>     forcing the user to store the image as a file and then read it back.

In this regard I am loading the image directly for two benefits, first
when I am testing my code I don't have to choose manually the image each
time. Second, to load and process a set of images automatically.

>     Ciao,
>     Johannes

Thank you again, keep the good work going on :)

Best Regards,
Mohamed Tleis