[ImageJ-devel] [Postcards] Bring Postcards up-to-speed (#1)

Adrian Daerr adrian.daerr at univ-paris-diderot.fr
Fri Jul 5 11:22:56 CDT 2013

Hello Chris,

> As I mentioned, there is no "Clone in Mac" button. My Git for Mac screen
> differs from your screen shot:

Your screenshot shows only your local repositories. This could be an
indication that something went wrong when you entered your credentials
for github.com at the initial configuration (when you first started th
application Github for Mac). Try to find a way to enter them (I don't
have a Mac, so I'd suggest searching the menus and especially the
preferences - within the Github application on your mac, that is). No
point in proceeding while the left column only shows THIS COMPUTER.

>     When you add repositories to GitHub for Mac, we automatically match
>     them up with any organizations you belong to. Want to pull down a
>     repository from GitHub.com <http://GitHub.com>? Check out the Clone
>     in Mac button on the website.
>
> Clicking that button gets me right back to the mac.github.com
> <http://mac.github.com> page.

Given the above, I suspect the following explanation applies. Quoting
from the github-for-mac FAQ at

http://mac.github.com/help.html#faq-clone-in-mac

|"Clone in Mac" doesn't work.

| The "Clone in Mac" button requires that you be logged into GitHub.com
| and GitHub for Mac at the same time. Logging in on the website and
| through GitHub for Mac's Preferences should then enable the "Clone in
| Mac" button.

good luck
Adrian