[ImageJ-devel] Testing the HelloWorld Plugin

Mohamed Tleis mohammedtleis at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 3 05:08:55 CDT 2013

Sorry I forgot to include the list :).

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [ImageJ-devel] Testing the HelloWorld Plugin
Date: 	Wed, 03 Jul 2013 12:05:27 +0200
From: 	Mohamed Tleis <mohammedtleis at hotmail.com>
To: 	Johannes Schindelin <Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de>

Thanks again Johannes,

On 07/02/2013 07:49 PM, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi Mohamed,
>
> On Tue, 2 Jul 2013, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2 Jul 2013, Mohamed Tleis wrote:
>>
>>> I wanted to test the HelloWorld Plugin from the tutorials. I named it
>>> HelloWorld_Plugin and copied the compiled class to the plugins folder.
>>> I have Hello World Plugin in the Plugins Menu now, but it does nothing
>>> upon clicking.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> 2. Why Hello World dialog message doens't display upon accessing from
>>> the menu?
>> Did you have a look at the console output?
> Just to make sure that nothing silly is happening, I did this (you might
> want to explain in as much detail what you did in the future):
>
> 1) I made sure that my imagej-tutorials is up-to-date
>
> 2) I used Maven to build (this is by far the easiest thing to do):
>
> 	mvn
>
>     You could use your development environment of choice (Eclipse,
>     Netbeans, IntelliJ, etc) to build it, too.
>
> 3) I copied the generated .jar file (which is called
>     simple-command-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) from simple-command/target/ to my
>     ImageJ.app/plugins/
>
> 4) I started ImageJ2 via ImageJ.app/ImageJ-linux64
>
> 5) I started the command launcher by hitting the 'L' key
>
> 6) I typed "Hello" in the search box
>
> 7) I called the "Hello, World!" plugin
>
> It did show a message box, greeting the whole world. So basically I have
> no clue what went wrong on your side, but I am sure we can find out
> together if you provide every bit of useful information you can extract
> from your trial.
>
> Ciao,
> Johannes

I followed the exact steps as you did, and noticed the path of
HelloWorldPlugin is in the Help Menu. and it is working fine now,
although I am wondering how to change the menu path.

Building the HelloWorldPlugin.java alone, and copying the
HelloWorldPlugin.class into the Plugins folder did nothing. However
compiling it as HelloWorld_Plugin.class did indeed show the HelloWorld
Plugin in the Plugins Menu but clicking it performs nothing, and not
even in the console output (by running ImageJ-linux64 from terminal).

Best Regards,
Mohamed Tleis