[ImageJ-devel] another Maven question

Polder, Gerrit gerrit.polder at wur.nl
Thu Jan 31 08:07:18 CST 2013

I'm starting to get quite happy about Maven, it has a lot of benefits above ant.
Today however I came across a (minor) problem.

I'm using an OverlayedImageCanvas in my code.
Netbeans detects it, searches the Maven repositories, adds fiji.util.gui.OverlayedImageCanvas; to the imports, and
        <dependency>
            <groupId>fiji</groupId>
            <artifactId>fiji-lib</artifactId>
            <version>20100908</version>
            <type>jar</type>
        </dependency>
to the POM all automatically.

So far so good, but when Fiji is updated, the following conflict comes up:

Conflict: jars/fiji-lib-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
Multiple obsolete versions of jars/fiji-lib-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar exist: /Applications/Fiji.app/jars/fiji-lib-20100908.jar

It's no problem to delete fiji-lib-20100908.jar, my code keeps running, but when I change the version number in the POM to 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT, the code doesn't compile anymore.

kindly,
Gerrit (again).