[ImageJ-devel] ImageJ netbeans plugin development...

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Wed Jan 2 13:02:10 CST 2013

Hi Chris,

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013, Chris wrote:

> > You need a plugins.config file in the generated .jar file. This is how it
> > is done in the minimal example:
> >
> > https://github.com/imagej/minimal-ij1-plugin/blob/master/src/main/resources/plugins.config
>
> I never thought of that.  I use plugins.config files when I create my
> jar files for running my plugins in ImageJ, but never in NetBeans.
> Where does the plugins.config file go in the Netbeans files?  There is
> no src folder.  This is the structure of my NetBeans project:
>
> MyProject
> build
> classes
> empty
> generated-sources
> built-jar.properties
> dist
> lib
> MyProject.jar
> nbproject
> build.xml
> manifest.mf
>
> within MyProject.jar are the ImageJ classes

As I pointed out earlier, I would strongly recommend changing this to
a Maven project instead. Not only does it make you less dependent on a
particular IDE, not only does it allow for easy collaboration with others
(and you will find that this is the fun part of Open Source, being
contacted by strangers who made your plugin better), but Maven also
encourages more general projects (as you can see by the difficulty to
do something as simple as including a plugins.config file in Netbeans).

Ciao,
Johannes