[ImageJ-devel] Fwd: SciJava Common plugin framework

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Feb 25 13:45:11 CST 2013

Hi all,

details), we have recently improved the ImageJ2 plugin framework to be more
general, rebranding it the SciJava Common plugin framework.

As some of you already know, SciJava is an umbrella effort to unify efforts
across several different software projects, including ImageJ2, Fiji,
ImgLib2, Bio-Formats, SCIFIO, OMERO, CellProfiler, KNIME, Icy and more. The
primary goal is to share code as much as is practical, and have common
standards (e.g, for regions of interests) even when it is not.

The SciJava Common framework gives us a very small, common place to put
shared functionality across these projects. For example, the improved
plugin framework means that ImageJ2 plugins (e.g., commands) and SCIFIO
plugins (e.g., file format readers) are now two flavors of the same
kool-aid.

See below for further details.