[ImageJ-devel] Fwd: Hist thresh toolbox license question

Antti Niemistö antti.niemisto at tut.fi
Wed Feb 13 08:15:45 CST 2013

Hi Johannes,

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> Hi Gabriel and Antti,
>
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, Gabriel Landini wrote:
>
>> On Monday 11 Feb 2013 23:23:11 Antti Niemistö wrote:
>>> Then that's what we'll do. I actually found a little bug in one of the
>>> methods (th_maxlik) some time ago, so I was thinking I'll put out a
>>> new version of the toolbox with that fixed. I'm not exactly a software
>>> guy and do not routinely deal with licensing, so can you give me a
>>> walkthrough as to how to go about making this new release with a dual
>>> BSD/GPL license? Or point me to one? I'll then update the toolbox page
>>> at http://www.cs.tut.fi/~ant/histthresh/ The bug fix is ready so I'll
>>> get this up as soon as the licensing is sorted.
>>
>> The maximum likelihood estimator method was never implemented in the
>> ImageJ plugin because I could never make it replicate the results of the
>> Matlab code.
>
> I look forward to trying that maximum likelihood method!

The updated version of the maximum likelihood method is now available with
the brand new release 1.03 of HistThresh Toolbox for MATLAB at
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~ant/histthresh/

I hope that it is useful to you.

--
Antti Niemistö DSc(Tech)              office: TE410
Research Fellow                       phone:  +358-40-849-0587 (GSM)