[ImageJ-devel] Fwd: Hist thresh toolbox license question

Antti Niemistö antti.niemisto at tut.fi
Mon Feb 11 17:23:11 CST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, Barry DeZonia wrote:
>
>> From: Antti Niemistö <antti.niemisto at tut.fi>
>>
>> I would be happy to do so. What exactly would you need me to do? I think
>> dual licensing with both GPL and BSD would be the way to go here.
>
> Dual licensing would be perfectly acceptable.

Then that's what we'll do. I actually found a little bug in one of the
methods (th_maxlik) some time ago, so I was thinking I'll put out a new
version of the toolbox with that fixed. I'm not exactly a software guy and
do not routinely deal with licensing, so can you give me a walkthrough as
to how to go about making this new release with a dual BSD/GPL license? Or
point me to one? I'll then update the toolbox page at
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~ant/histthresh/ The bug fix is ready so I'll get
this up as soon as the licensing is sorted.

--
Antti Niemistö DSc(Tech)              office: TE410
Research Fellow                       phone:  +358-40-849-0587 (GSM)