[ImageJ-devel] Fwd: Hist thresh toolbox license question

Johannes Schindelin schindelin at wisc.edu
Mon Feb 11 11:41:28 CST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, Barry DeZonia wrote:

> From: Antti Niemistö <antti.niemisto at tut.fi>
>
> I would be happy to do so. What exactly would you need me to do? I think
> dual licensing with both GPL and BSD would be the way to go here.

Dual licensing would be perfectly acceptable.

> Maybe of importance here, Carnë Draug has include some of the same code
> in the Octave-forge Image package, with my permission of course. This is
> under GPL.

Thank you for the links.

However, we would like to use the algorithms in ImageJ2 (written in Java):
http://developer.imagej.net/ (and https://github.com/imagej/imagej).

In another mail thread (which I would merge with this one if I had more
time), we asked Gabriel Landini (who would have been Cc:ed if this mail
was in the same thread), who transformed your code into a GPLed
ImageJ plugin, whether he would be willing to relicense the code so we
would not have to rewrite it:

http://imagej.net/pipermail/imagej-devel/2013-February/001390.html

It was only after his positive answer that we realized that part of the
code was derived from your GPLed code and we would require your
willingness to relicense to use the transformed code.

Thanks,
Dscho