[ImageJ-devel] Auto Threshold in ImageJ2

Gabriel Landini G.Landini at bham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 6 02:41:44 CST 2013

On Monday 04 Feb 2013 22:50:37 Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> we would like to include your code (or a derivative thereof) in ImageJ2.
> Just to be sure: the code in question is this one:

Hi Dscho,

> http://fiji.sc/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=fiji.git;a=blob;f=src-plugins/Auto_Thres
> hold/src/main/java/fiji/threshold/Auto_Threshold.java;h=d09e56d5671c91d367f3
> 9607375bb0b40290f7e4;hb=refs/heads/master
>
> Would you be willing to relicense that code to BSD?

Yes, that is fine.
Same for the Auto Local Threshold if you are planning to make it a built in
command.

Now that we are at it, I haven't checked the histogram in the IJ2 applet, but
in IJ1, the frequency of the largest bin gets trimmed down (for display
purposes) when it is too large to still be able to show what the frequencies
in the other bins are. While this might be useful for display (so you do not
see only one large bin value), it is quite confusing if it is not clearly
explained beforehand (there is a mismatch between the listed histogram and the
displayed one). Can this be an option, rather than the only way it works?

Cheers

Gabriel