[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] The end of ImgLib1

Albert Cardona sapristi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 13:52:12 CDT 2013

On Apr 30, 2013, at 11:23 AM, Stephan Preibisch
<preibischs at janelia.hhmi.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> as some of you may know, a precursor of our image processing library ImgLib2 (http://imglib2.net) exists, which is called ImgLib1. It still lives in Fiji and in the imglib repository. The plan is to get rid of it in both places within this week to finally migrate to ImgLib2 entirely.
>
> The plan is to integrate it into the SPIM Registration plugin which still makes heavy use of it to gradually convert it to ImgLib2 as well. So for people who still want to use it can do so by importing the SPIM Registration plugin and the jars will also be available for download on a webpage.
>
> If anybody has any objections to that please let us know.

The 3d viewer (marching cubes) and TrakEM2 depend on ImgLib1. I will
have time to work on it this Summer, not earlier than August.

What needs to be done:
 (1) Convert the Marching Cubes code in the 3D Viewer to use ImgLib2.
Should be easy and straightforward.
 (2) Create a Shape (as in java.awt.Shape) planar Img, which TrakEM2
would then use to present collections of java.awt.geom.Area as an Img
to the Marching Cubes.

I have created twice the ShapeImg in ImgLib2 and both times it was
erased. I would appreciate if now you guys create it. It won't take
long. Put it in an ImgLib2 package that has java.awt dependencies.

Albert