[ImageJ-devel] Java-based graphics package

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Nov 29 11:20:08 CST 2012

Hi Malcolm,

> I have recently release a Java-based scientific graphics package -
> tested using Java, Groovy, Scala, MATLAB, R and SciLab to-date.
> Could this be of interest for ImageJ developers/users?

Thank you for letting me know!

Looking at the Waterloo web site, I could not find any source code, though
the site lists the license as LGPLv3. How can I access the source? Also,
have you considered developing the project on GitHub? It would make
community collaboration much more feasible.

Regarding the functionality, what led you to develop this project rather
than use an existing library, most notably JFreeChart? We are currently
using JFreeChart for our charting needs and it works very well. What can
Waterloo do that JFreeChart can't? And would it make sense to consider any
sort of interoperability layer between them?

Thanks,
Curtis