[ImageJ-devel] Error when executing shadow plugins beta 2 release

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue May 29 15:52:10 CDT 2012

Hi Michael & everyone,

> There was a simple oversight in the AbstractShadows class that has been
> fixed in the latest trunk build. We also plan to update IJ2 so that it can
> detect misconfigured plugins and inform the user.

The issue has been fixed in the plugin framework. Essentially, there was a
limitation where private @Parameters were ignored in superclass fields. The
reason was to avoid @Parameters being shadowed (because parameter names are
supposed to be unique), but it was an incomplete solution, and did not
report the problem properly to plugin developers or end users when
something was improper.

For details, see this commit:
    https://github.com/imagej/imagej/commit/c9e4fb7d

In addition, an error dialog is now issued when attempting to execute a
plugin with invalid parameters (see
https://github.com/imagej/imagej/commit/cb1882da for details). This will
hopefully give plugin developers more immediate and detailed information
when something has been coded improperly.