[ImageJ-devel] proposed changes in the ImgLib2 abstract class hierarchy

Stephan Saalfeld saalfeld at mpi-cbg.de
Fri Mar 16 10:10:24 CDT 2012

Hi,

Mandelbrot RealRandomAccessible into the interactive 2d-viewer example:

http://fiji.sc/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=imglib.git;a=blob;f=imglib2/tests/src/test/java/tests/RealRandomAccessible2DViewerExample.java

So one can easily find one's favorite place.  Computers got really quick
these days...

Albert, real coordinate access by interpolation has been in ImgLib
forever, neatly integrated into the ImgLib2 schema since I've introduced
the Interpolant together with RealTransforms.  We have, though, never
announced it with the exact wording that it can be used to zoom
infinitely into an image ;)---it can.  All the examples, stack rotation,
2d image rotation are using it.  To make it more obvious, I have added
zoom and shift capabilities to the 2d and 3d slice viewer examples,
toggle the interpolation method with the 'I'-key to see the difference.
As a side effect, that works not only for Interpolant but for any
RealRandomAccessible and thus could be used for an interactive
Mandelbrot explorer :).  Interpolant will make it into the examples for
real transformations.

ImgLib2 for president!

...and back to my boring work...

Best,