[ImageJ-devel] proposed changes in the ImgLib2 abstract class hierarchy

Albert Cardona sapristi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:34:07 CDT 2012

El 15 de març de 2012 16:57, Tobias Pietzsch <pietzsch at mpi-cbg.de> ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> I've implemented more changes to the ImgLib2 abstract class hierarchy.
> This time, I restructured the integer Positionables, Localizables, and
> RandomAccesses.
>
> While I was at it, I merged a new version of CellImg (this is in preparation
> for CellImgs that swap Cells to disk) because I didn't
> want to need to fix that for the new abstract hierarchy later.
> ListImg has also been changed a bit. And I made some cosmetic changes
> here and there...
>
> I think I broke nothing and I would merge this into master soon.
>
> It would be totally awesome, if you could try your ImgLib2 stuff with
> the branch "modified-abstract-hierarchy" and see if everything works okay.
>  If you have time to comment on the changes I made - even better.
>
> best regards,
> Tobias
>
> BTW: did you see the cool fractal example on
> http://fiji.sc/wiki/index.php/ImgLib2_Documentation#A_RealRandomAccess_to_Render_Mandelbrot_Fractals
> ?
> :-)

Now that is a very cool example! It is surprising how short the code is.

A perhaps more relevant example for bioimage informatics is the
extraction of an interpolated pixel at a specific floating-point
coordinate, which could be used to infinitely zoom in/out onto an
image. (Not that different from what you do in the Mandelbrot
example). If you want to make it even more relevant, use it to
generate the tiles necessary for a single CATMAID section, in
combination with the XYProjector and the flashy new ImgSaver :)

Albert
--
http://albert.rierol.net
http://www.ini.uzh.ch/~acardona/