[ImageJ-devel] HeadlessImageDisplay

Lee Kamentsky leek at broadinstitute.org
Thu Mar 15 15:34:38 CDT 2012

Hi all,
I'm working on the headless ImageJ for CellProfiler. I'm really pleased
at how you all have continually pushed the GUI out of the ImageJ core. I
hadn't updated in a little while and I was shocked to see ij-ui-headless
had gone away, then pleased to see that you all had found there was no
need for it.

but...

I'm not sure. I'm looking for a headless version of
AbstractImageDisplay. The only class derived from AbstractImageDisplay
is AbstractSwingImageDisplay, so I'm guessing I'm not going to find it.
I'm thinking there are two resolutions. The first would be to make a
DefaultImageDisplay and the second would be to reinstantiate the
ij-ui-headless project and create a HeadlessImageDisplay there. I'm
guessing that, as the primary consumer, it'd be my job.

I'll be out next week, but I can counter-respond to people tomorrow and
work on it in earnest when I get back.

--Lee