[ImageJ-devel] ImgLib2 realtransforms

Stephan Saalfeld saalfeld at mpi-cbg.de
Thu Mar 8 14:34:02 CST 2012

Hi ImgLib2-developers,

I merged the realtransform branch into master.  Realtransforms live in
their own sub-project imglib2-realtransform which is introduced as a new
dependency of the imglib2-test subproject.  There, you can find the
interactive tests.  The 2d-test mouse control is broken, easy to fix if
there was only time, keyboard works.  Using the mouse dragging, the
3d-test rotates around the point that has been clicked, a feature that I
had always wished for 3d-navigation---something for ImageJ2?

By now, only 2d/3d/nd-affine transformation are implemented.  Reduced
variants (rigid,translation,scale,similarity) coming soon.  You may
notice that the transformation interfaces separate Get/Set access.  That
will later be used for inverse inheritance hierarchies for reading and
writing their properties.  We should have that for Types too at some
time...

The merge includes the speeded-up LanczosInterpolator.

I have currently no time to work on it at all but I consider the
existing implementations so useful and well enough implemented that they
should not live in a hidden branch for longer.  Start using it and
expect it to break at minor places in the longer term future.  I will
announce and carefully introduce such breaks in topic branches.

Note that, when using NearestNeighborInterpolation, you can not only
read from but also write into pixels of the original RandomAcessible
accessed through a transformed [Real]RandomAccessible.  I cannot wait to
find a reason to do that...

Best regards,
Stephan