[ImageJ-devel] [IMGLIB] moved algorithm and stats packages out of imglib2-core

Tobias Pietzsch pietzsch at mpi-cbg.de
Thu Mar 1 04:39:42 CST 2012

Hi all,

On 02/29/2012 09:30 PM, Curtis Rueden wrote:
> 2) Split imglib2-algorithms into multiple components:
> imglib2-algorithms-bsd and imglib2-algorithms-gpl, for example. Then we
> can include imglib2-algorithms-bsd as a dependency for ImageJ2.

This is the option I would prefer.
If you could do the split, Curtis, that would be great.

I do not think that the definition for "core" should be "everything
needed by ImageJ2". I don't see a problem with splitting ImageJ2
dependencies.

I don't have a problem with having Histogram in the core, either.
But then it should not implement the Algorithm interface (I don't
get the point of the Algorithm interface, to be honest).  Equally
important: it should not _feel_ like an algorithm, rather it should
_be_ the histogram.  I.e., Histogram should not have an getHistogram()
that returns an int[] array which represents the histogram.  Rather,
Histogram itself should represent the histogram.  For example, it could
implement RandomAccessibleInterval< IntType > to achieve that, and the
histogram could be computed in the constructor.

best regards,
Tobias