[ImageJ-devel] Mailing list for ImgLib?

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Jun 1 11:48:04 CDT 2012

Hi everyone,

There has been an increasing amount of discussion of ImgLib lately, which
is great. However, the discussions have been spread across fiji-devel,
imagej-devel and private mails. I noticed people have been adding an
"[imglib]" or similar prefix to some mails, but not others.

Would people prefer a dedicated imglib-devel mailing list? It would be easy
to create one. It could live on imagej.net (imglib-devel at imagej.net), or on
Google Groups like fiji-devel does, or even imglib-devel at imglib2.net if the
owner of that domain is willing to add an MX entry to imagej.net, similar
to fiji.sc now (run "host fiji.sc" from the console to see what I mean).

I think a dedicated mailing list would be good as people are increasingly
using ImgLib2 in non-ImageJ contexts.

Thoughts?