[ImageJ-devel] Finding classes and importing the right Maven artifacts

Michael Doube michael at doube.net
Fri Jul 27 06:45:23 CDT 2012

Hi Curtis, Johannes,

>     But, then there are versions 2.0-SNAPSHOT and 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.
>

> This is my fault; I decided to change to a major.minor.micro versioning
> scheme so we could use semantic versioning (http://semver.org/). The
> "2.0-SNAPSHOT" builds are obsolete, so I deleted them all. Hopefully
> that clears up any confusion there. :-)

Yep, thanks. All set to 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT now.

> in Package Explorer, find any JAR under your
> project's "Maven Dependencies" list, right-click it and choose "Maven >
> Download Sources". After that, you'll have them in your local cache (in
> ~/.m2) and you can browse the sources in Eclipse, debug into them, etc.

That is cool. Thanks.

> So everything listed under the "imagej" groupId is old/deprecated, and
> should not be used.

Got it. Everything is net.imagej now.

> I checked that page, but could not find the block you cited.

Looks like half of it was my own creation, sorry for the mis-citation.

> If you see
> the old "imagej" groupId anywhere, please fix it, or let us know and I
> will do so.

Only in relation to SNAPSHOTs and future releases right?

In the end I have made two new projects in Eclipse, both tracking
bonej.git. One is using my old Ant-based build system and is for BoneJ1,
and there is a mavenized new project BoneJ2 using the Maven build
system, pom.xml etc. They work on different branches of the git repo.

What I would like to do in the end is have ImageJ handle runtime
dependencies. Is there a way to tell Maven to make sure these things are
present at compile-time? In particular, I'd like to build against a
couple of plugins which are listed as modules in Fiji's
src-plugins/pom.xml AnalyzeSkeleton_ and LocalThickness. At the moment I
have to put their jars in the build path.

Michael