[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] Re: Move of the Fiji Updater into ImageJ complete

simon.ochsenreither at googlemail.com simon.ochsenreither at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 25 15:25:57 CDT 2012

Hi Johannes!

Thanks for your information, I really appreciate it!

The way plugins try to get their input is no longer by creating a dialog
> explicitly. This is a nightmare if you want to run the same plugin
> unchanged on a cluster.

Good to hear! I have a lot of fun with that currently ... :-)

> ImageJ will figure out how to construct a dialog from the annotated
> fields. Parameters do not need to be information to be gathered via a
> dialog, though. For example, if you want to interact with a service (such
> as the log service to report exceptions) you also add them as fields
> annotated as a parameter.

 Wow, that's an quite advanced design! I hope it works out that way, I
think especially the layouting will be hard to get right. So there will be
custom compiler plugins to process the annotations and create classfiles
from them?

Bye,

Simon