[ImageJ-devel] [IMGLIB] moved algorithm and stats packages out of imglib2-core

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Wed Feb 29 15:01:35 CST 2012

Hi Bill,

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Bill Mohler wrote:

> The hash of different licenses is starting to sound a bit icky. What's
> the justification? Why not public domain ala IJ1?

Public Domain is out of the question: it would allow others to claim they
did the work.

I am in favor of BSD, but we could not get all the dependencies of
algorithms to be BSD.

I have to say that Curtis is right about the licensing, I did not think of
that, so at least .stats should *not* be in algorithms.

Ciao,
Dscho