[ImageJ-devel] Jenkins' jocoserious jeremiads

Johannes Schindelin schindelin at wisc.edu
Mon Feb 6 22:10:45 CST 2012

Hi Melissa,

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012, Melissa Linkert wrote:

> > it seems that Jenkins is busy with testing Bio-Formats... for more
> > than 3 days now...
>
> Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> I have no idea why that job was taking so long, but I've now killed all
> of the Bio-Formats testing jobs in the queue for tonight so that all of
> the daily build jobs can run.  I'll investigate what the cause might
> have been in the morning, as I do not have enough coffee in front of me
> at the moment to reliably diagnose the problem.

It looked to me as if Jenkins was stuck somewhere. The progress which
supposedly advances whenever a test was performed did not advance at all
in the half hour I looked.

So I guess that there was something really awkward, such as an OOM
infinite loop, or some such.

In hindsight, I should have fired up JVisualVM and looked at the threads,
so that's what I will do next time when it happens again.

Ciao,
Dscho