[ImageJ-devel] Legacy Mode work

Johannes Schindelin schindelin at wisc.edu
Wed Dec 19 16:31:37 CST 2012

Hi Curtis,

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012, Curtis Rueden wrote:

> Thanks for the update; that is great news. Barry & I did some testing,
> and found a few issues, but given the time constraints we are going to
> go ahead with the beta6 release this week.
>
> One big issue I found is that ImageDisplays that originate in IJ2 land
> (e.g., from File > Open) do not get translated to IJ1 mode unless you
> execute a legacy command on them first. That is, more generally, the
> command for switching to legacy mode apparently does not explicitly
> invoke any IJ2<->IJ1 synchronization, meaning they can be out of sync
> with ImageJ1.

Good point, I forgot to test that.

It is probably some addition to LegacyImageMap#toggleLegacyMode(boolean)
to make sure all known ImagePlus instances are shown.

Will have a look during the flight.

> I took a look at adding some sort of legacyService.sync() call, but the
> LegacyService API still needs work. Currently there is a lot of logic
> taking place in LegacyCommand.LegacyCommandThread.run(), which should
> ultimately get factored out to be more accessible from the LegacyService
> itself. But that work will have to wait until after the holidays.

Agree!

> So anyway, we will note this limitation in the release announcement, for
> now.
>
> Another problem which I would like to see fixed before release is that
> on OS X, when starting up ImageJ2 now, there is a VerifyError with class
> MacAdapter that was not previously present. I hope to track this down
> tomorrow morning and fix before cutting the release.

I think I know what it is. Left over from some previous iteration.

See you on the other side!
Dscho