[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] LOCI crashes with current Fiji build on runtime

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Dec 14 15:04:06 CST 2012

Hi,

> > I uploaded a sample image (seq1615.jp2) anyway for testing
>
> Thanks, I tested on my system. It prints a warning "Expected positive value
> for PhysicalSizeZ; got 0.0" but the image window opens.
>
> Other Bio-Formats devs: can you reproduce?

Yes, and that is the correct behavior.  So far as I can see from opening
the file in Nikon's Elements software, this file contains no physical
size/calibration information.  Bio-Formats is simply warning that a
physical pixel size of 0 was found, which means that it will not be
preserved if you were to convert the file to some other format (only
values greater than 0 are preserved).

As long as Jonas is able to see the image in Fiji and there is truly no
physical pixel size, this is not a bug.

Regards,
-Melissa