[ImageJ-devel] Projector branch - ImgLib2

Michael Zinsmaier michael.zinsmaier at gmx.de
Wed Aug 22 02:56:54 CDT 2012

Hi Curtis, ImageJ developers,

I work together with Christian and Martin on the KNIME Image Processing
Plugin and the ImageJ2 integration for KNIME. We wanted to use something
similar to the net.imglib2.display.XYProjector to render images for our
views, however the current implementation was a bit too restricted (e.g.
fixed to dimension 0,1) for our use cases.

I implemented a few new classes that might be interesting for you as
well. The implementations can be found at net.imglib2.display.projectors
in the projectors branch.

The code is organized as follows:
- Projector2D: is similar to the XYProjector but it supports also the
selection of other dimensions
   (the code is not active because it requires the class Subsetviews
from ops, that is not part of the projectors branch)

- DimProjector2D: is similar to the CompositeProjector however instead
of providing multiple Converters the idea is to provide a single
converter with access to multiple values from the "projected" third
dimension. This gives the converter more flexibility with respect to
  the composition of single conversion results.

- specializedProjectors: contains some 2DProjectors that allow fast
(normalized) extraction of 2D greyscale datasets from certain storage
strategies (Planar/Array)

- screenimages: contains classes that convert Byte/Short ArrayImages
into Java Images similar to the implementation of
net.imglib2.display.ARGBScreenImage

I'm looking forward for your comments
(hopefully the documentation of the classes is sufficient)
Regards Michael