[ImageJ-devel] Where are all the plugins?

Gabriel Landini G.Landini at bham.ac.uk
Sun Aug 12 09:26:22 CDT 2012

On Wednesday 08 Aug 2012 17:23:21 Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Aug 2012, Gabriel Landini wrote:
> > The updater found a new updater version. Now, each time a start ij2 I
> > get a message if I want to start the updater. If I say yes, it asks to
> > restart IJ to finalize previous update.
> >
> > I restart it and get the same message again. So basically the updater is
> > never started.

> > Does this problem persist?

I am afraid so. I do not think it can update anything.
I deleted the /update folder and it seems that the error stopped. But after
updating once more, the problem is back.

I do not seem to be able to tell what version of the jar file this is running
(It says 2.0.0-beta3 in the status line, but if it did update it, shouldn't a
a different beta number or sub-number come up?

I eventually replaced the ij-updater-core jar version by the snapshot version
found in the /update folder.
This eventually found a number of jars for updating. It downloaded them and
again and after restarting, each time you click on Help>Update, I am asked to
restart to finalise the previous update. So it is the same error originally
reported.

Cheers

Gabriel