[ImageJ-devel] merge imagej-tutorials into imagej.git?

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Tue Aug 7 13:05:31 CDT 2012

Hi Curtis,

On Tue, 7 Aug 2012, Curtis Rueden wrote:

> > I wonder whether it'd make sense to merge the tutorials into a
> > subdirectory of our main repository? That way, we could share code
> > between tutorials and regression tests more easily...
>

> There are pros and cons. The reason I made a separate repository is to
> prove that you do not need to check out the ImageJ2 source code in order
> to easily work with ImageJ2. This more closely models what external
> developers will do: create a new project with dependencies on ImageJ2
> artifacts and go from there.
>
> That said, I am not necessarily against merging the tutorials back in,
> if it would make our lives a lot easier. Could you give an example of
> such code sharing in action?

I do not have a real-life example of code sharing except the one I gave,
which is not really code-sharing but code-compiling (to make sure things
work, still).

So it's probably better to keep the separate repository, and add a Jenkins
job to compile it after compiling ImageJ, right? If you like that idea, I
will make that job.

Ciao,
Dscho