[ImageJ-devel] Histogram

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Apr 19 13:30:54 CDT 2012

Hi Christian,

Hope you don't mind me CCing imagej-devel as this topic may be of general
interest.

 I'm currently trying to get rid of redundant implementations in kniplib
> and imglib2 and I just started to have a look at the Histogram.
> The Histogram we use in KNIPLIB is pretty basic, so I had a look at the
> implementation of Larry Lindsey in net.imglib2.algorithm.stats.
>
> The current version I can't use as it has it requires and Img<T> or a
> RealCursor<T> and we just have an Iterable<T> in our cases ;)
> I just remembered some mails going around in March that you plan to have a
> new implementation of the histogram?

Yes, we do plan to improve the Histogram implementation. I fear we will not
have time to look at it until after the Barcelona conference though. For
now I have filed a ticket:
    http://trac.imagej.net/ticket/1128

I CCed you and Martin on it. Actually, I should make Trac accounts for you
guys (so you can file and edit tickets), but we may switch to using the
GitHub issue tracker anyway; need to sort out what would be best for
everyone.

In the meantime, you are welcome to take a crack at it, if you have the
time!