[ImageJ-devel] how to get current ImageJ context in ImageJ 2

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Apr 10 14:31:53 CDT 2012

Hi Albert,

> Does this mean that a scripting interpreter will have to declare,
> internally, a variable that points to the ImageJ context?

Yeah, the idea is that when you run a script, the context will be injected
somehow. The scripts themselves will not need to care, of course. Probably
the scripting framework will provide a setContext(ImageJ) method for such a
purpose, and its logic will fail (with an informative exception) if the
current context is null.

-Curtis