[ImageJ-devel] plot window support

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Apr 10 13:52:04 CDT 2012

Hi Jay,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Unruh, Jay <jru at stowers.org> wrote:

> Firstly, is there a good way to search this list (other than downloading
> all of the text)?

Unfortunately, the only way to do this is using a search engine such as
Google.

That is, searching with the "site:" keyword; e.g.:

    site:http://imagej.net/pipermail/imagej-devel legacy

Unfortunately, the Google index is more than a month behind the latest
messages.

For more information, see:

    http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030520

Secondly, (and I would know this if I could search the list) has there been
> any discussion of plot window support in ImageJ2?  The beta version I
> downloaded as is doesn’t support it—perhaps because it relies on an awt
> panel within the imagewindow frame, but perhaps there is awt support
> somewhere that I’m not seeing.

There are plans to create a UI-agnostic plotting system, which will be
driven by JFreeChart for the Swing UI, but pluggable differently for other
UIs.

However, you is correct that at the moment, there is essentially no
facility for plotting, other than legacy support for IJ1 plugins, which is
limited and sometimes non-functional for custom AWT-based windows.

-Curtis