[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] missing maven artifact net.imglib2:imglib2:jar:20120321

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Apr 5 17:30:35 CDT 2012

Hi Tobias,

>  Path to dependency:
>    1) mpicbg:imglib-io:jar:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>    2) loci:scifio:jar:4.4-SNAPSHOT
>    3) net.imglib2:imglib2:jar:20120321

My apologies. This dependency chain was a consequence of how we integrated
ImgLib2 into SCIFIO, as part of the ImgLib2 I/O logic migration.

It has proved too difficult to maintain parallel codebases between scifio
and imglib2-io—and doing so was never our intention anyway. To avoid these
problems, for the time being, we have removed all ImgLib2 stuff from
SCIFIO, and updated all the Maven snapshots. The builds are fixed now, and
should continue to work.

In the future, I still think having the ImgOpener and ImgSaver live in
scifio would make things easier for people, but not until we sort out these
build issues.

For further details/reading, see:
  https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/51

Once again, I'm sorry the attempt to migrate imglib2-io resulted in all
these error messages, rather than only a simpler stack of JARs as intended.