[ImageJ-devel] Progress on the Beanshell/macro front

Johannes Schindelin schindelin at wisc.edu
Wed Sep 14 01:09:46 CDT 2011

Dear all,

I now have a proof-of concept of the Macro interpreter based on Beanshell.
Note: it only supports the getDimensions() function for now. As described
earlier, the problem is that that function takes possibly
uninitialized variables by reference rather than values, which is fully
out of line with the syntax of Beanshell (or C or Java).

Instead of forking Beanshell, I decided it'd be better to use javassist to
rewrite a few method calls here and there. I also wanted to make sure that
these modifications do not affect Beanshell itself, and I put a particular
focus on making it possible to load the Beanshell classes before doing the
Javassist modifications (because it would lead to nasty side effects
otherwise).

My work so far can be seen on the 'scripts' topic branch of Fiji's mirror
of the ImageJ2 project:

http://fiji.sc/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=imagej2/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/scripts

Good night,
Dscho