[ImageJ-devel] Macros and scripting in Imagej 2.0

Albert Cardona sapristi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:36:10 CDT 2011

> What development tools can we realisticly provide?  At some point a
> developer may be better served by an IDE.  Eclipse and NetBeans have plugins
> for most of the languages of consequence.
>
> -- Grant

Fiji's Script Editor as is already provides the right balance between
a barebones text editor (not too useful) and a mammoth like netbeans
or eclipse (far too complex).

If any effort is available I would invest it in making the Script
Editor have proper control+space word expansion for classes, methods
and variables, which helps discover the contents of libraries.
Anything else won't pay off as much.

Albert

--
http://albert.rierol.net