[ImageJ-devel] Macros and scripting in Imagej 2.0

Lee Kamentsky leek at broadinstitute.org
Wed Sep 7 07:55:22 CDT 2011

Hi all,
What are the plans and timeline for bringing macros and scripting into
ImageJ 2.0? I'm looking for a way to programatically run a script from
CellProfiler. I'm guessing that, as a first pass, I create a legacy
plugin for some ImageJ 1.0 plugin that takes the script as its argument
- I could really use pointers on how to do this. Also, I'm not sure
where scripting is on the roadmap and what the planned architecture is.
I'd opt for a macro / scripting service. As a start, that sort of thing
could talk to the legacy code, but would end up using the same
interfaces to talk to the IJ2 code. I'm also guessing that the IJ1
scripting engine might only need minor modifications to reference
displays instead of ImagePlus.

--Lee