[ImageJ-devel] new icons and logo

Adam Fraser afraser at broadinstitute.org
Fri Oct 28 12:04:37 CDT 2011

Hi Gabriel (et al.),

I appreciate your critical eye, and I see the part that you're keying in on.

As Curtis said, the image is near verbatim from the photo (I straightened
out the scope so it's vertical to clean up aliasing).

Anyway, take a close look at the one of the top-down views of the scope.
You'll notice that the objective mount is actually shifted towards the back
side (wrt the logo angle) of the scope. This is the reason that it appears
so strange—it IS actually tilted towards the viewing perspective of the
logo.

This bugs me as much as it bugs you, so I've Attached is a minor revision
that I think confuses the viewer less.

-Adam

PS: I LOVE the other scope image you sent, but unfortunately that'd take
some serious time to rebuild in Photoshop, and there's a good chance that it
won't be very discernable as a small icon. Anyway, today's my last day of
work here, so yeah... tweaks only please! :)