[ImageJ-devel] new icons and logo

Gabriel Landini G.Landini at bham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 28 03:23:33 CDT 2011

On Friday 28 Oct 2011 00:47:35 Adam Fraser wrote:
> Attached are the cleaned up versions of the icon and a jpg (for now) of the
> scope logo at about 512px. I'll make sure to send you guys all the sources
> later and I'll include a png on transparency of the larger version. Just
> wanted to get you something to look at.

Sorry to be critical, but the perspective seems to be wrong making the
microscope to look odd.

If you one see both sides proximal and distal of the revolving piece, then one
cannot see the connection between the bronze and black tube as horizontal
lines. The perspective of the top and bottom do not match.

What about using something like the image below, possibly converted to vector
graphics?

http://www.arsmachina.com/images/watson1354-2.jpg

Those are the same people from where Wayne used the image for IJ, and they
seemed to be OK being used. Maybe they can be approached again.

Cheers

Gabriel