[ImageJ-devel] Release of OMERO 4.3.3

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Oct 19 10:02:12 CDT 2011

Dear All-

Today, The OME Consortium (http://openmicroscopy.org/site/about/development-teams), is proud to release OMERO-Beta4.3.3.

This is a point release, focussing on fixes for ImageJ integration, export, and LDAP.   We also fixed a few things in OMERO.insight and OMERO.web.

Full details are available at http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/milestone/OMERO-Beta4.3.3

The software is available at http://openmicroscopy.org

For those of you new to OMERO, see  http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/products/omero

The full list of features in OMERO, including new features in OMERO Beta4.3.3, is at

http://openmicroscopy.org/site/products/feature-list

Much of our work over the last few weeks has been devoted to updating the (very popular!!!) movies demo'ing OMERO functionality on that page.  Most are updated for 4.3.2, and won't have changed in 4.3.3-- we hope you like them.  Any problems, do let us know.

Our thanks to a number of posts on our forums that picked up bugs and problems in 4.3.2.  We prioritise addressing these community issues.  The 4.3.3 page lists the reports, and the fixes we've done.

*******************************

The OME Team is now hard at work on our next release, provisionally titled OMERO Beta4.4.  Confusingly, these are currently in a different milestone:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/milestone/OMERO-Beta4.4

We'll get this all resolved over the next few days.  However, the overall theme here is important to note-- integration with other projects will be our focus over the next many months.  In 4.4, we want to have a solid foundation for this integration for us, and others.

Comments and ideas are welcome, on the Forums or on these lists.

In collaboration with Urban Liebel at  Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, we are providing demo accounts for OMERO.  Use the Demo link at openmicroscopy.org to contact us if you are interested in this.

Our feedback system, OMERO.qa (http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk) is a facility users and developers can use to log comments and exceptions.  OMERO.qa supports uploading of problematic data files, and tracking of responses to any user queries.

As always, thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Jason

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street