[ImageJ-devel] reading images larger than signed int max value

Albert Cardona sapristi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 17:53:14 CDT 2011

Melissa, Curtis, Johannes,

Thoughts on large files. ImageJ 1 cannot open images larger than the
maximum signed int value, but there is no reason why ImageJ 2
shouldn't be able to.

Are you guys planning for imglib2 on a PlanarCellContainer that
behaves like a PlanarArrayContainer that has been internally chopped
up into as many cells as necessary, circumventing the array size
limit? And given the large size, extra bonus if the file is lazily
loaded, that is, each cell is loaded on demand from the large file on
disk.

>From some time ago I recall having heard or read that LOCI Bioformats
can already read ROIs from images in disk. Is that right? If you could
point me to an example that would b appreciated.

What motivated the above is that we are currently dealing with 32k x
32k 16-bit images, which we had to cut into tiles. And larger images
are bound to come.

Albert

--
http://albert.rierol.net