[ImageJ-devel] Priorities

Johannes Schindelin schindelin at wisc.edu
Wed Nov 30 17:13:21 CST 2011

Hi all,

I see that the top priority in imagej.ext.plugin.Plugin is defined as
negative infinity. That's a bit counter-intuitive to me. I'd like to
change the priorities so that the higher the number, the greater the
priority.

Then I'd like to define a new class which has constants for these
priorities. I am thinking about imagej.util.Priorities.

Then I'd like to introduce a SortByPriority helper class that takes an
Iterator<T> as parameter to the constructor and a helper class that
determines a priority (type "double") given an instance of T. The
SortByPriority class then presents itself as an Iterable<T> and outputs
the items in order of the priority.

Objections?

Ciao,
Johannes