[ImageJ-devel] FW: Next generation imageJ

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Sun Mar 13 13:30:47 CDT 2011

Hi Toby,

Probably I should send this to the mailing list

Sure, I am CCing the list.

It looks like they put the wrong classname in the bat file.

Thanks for letting me know. The problem was that we were accidentally
linking to an obsolete location of the application build (and hence an older
version). I have updated the downloads page to point to the latest code now,
so the ZIP file should work again out of the box.

I was able to open the blobs file and do thresholding, but I was unable to
> open up  a  jpeg file.

Right now, File > Open does not handle color images properly. If you do File
> Import > Bio-Formats you will be able to import the color images as
grayscale with a slider for channel. Note that any menu icon with the ImageJ
microscope item (e.g., File > Open) is an ImageJ 1.x plugin being run in
compatibility mode, while menu icons without it are IJ2 plugins (e.g., File
> Import > Bio-Formats).

We will try to have the color image problem addressed by the April 1st
release of 2.0alpha1.