[ImageJ-devel] OffsetImg

Lee Kamentsky leek at broadinstitute.org
Thu Jun 2 08:37:25 CDT 2011

Hi Stephans,
I have this case - you have some region of interest represented by a
binary bitmap and the bitmap, for one reason or another is offset in
space (In Yiddish: it's "in mitten drinnen", don't know if that
translates to German and there's a good chance that the way it was used
in my family is the exact opposite of its literal meaning) but otherwise
is best suited as an array. You don't want to represent it using an
ArrayImg<BitType> because everything from the origin to the first pixel
will be uniformly false, otherwise, the ArrayImg is the right choice.
The obvious solution here is to have some sort of adapter object to hold
the Img and for it to do some lying about where the thing is in space -
every Localizable and Positionable needs to be wrapped in something that
adds or subtracts the offset.

Is that a reasonable thing to add to Imglib? Where would it live and
what would you call it? Also, an Img isn't Localizable and Positionable
and perhaps this thing should be?

Thx,
--Lee