[ImageJ-devel] Filing IJ2.0 bugs

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Tue Jul 26 04:02:46 CDT 2011

Hi Adam & Curtis,

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011, Curtis Rueden wrote:

> > Does anyone have suggestions for how to approach this methodically so
> > the issues get seen by someone who can determine their severity and
> > fix/ignore/dismiss them as they see fit?
>
> My initial thought is that the ImageJDev bug tracker is exactly the sort
> of tool that will facilitate such things. Each area of the code is by
> default "owned" by a particular person. If you provide an initial
> assessment of severity and categorize the bug, it will go to that
> person, who can review the situation further.

How about using some GUI test framework such as Abbot:

	http://abbot.sourceforge.net/doc/overview.shtml

I haven't had much experience with it, but the feature list and the
activity look promising. I will try to have a closer look this afternoon,
but the two features which appeal to me the most are the recordability and
the integration into JUnit testing (one should be able to turn them off
for headless Jenkins jobs, of course).

Will keep you posted,
Dscho