[ImageJ-devel] [Software Feedback] Email for Rick Lentz. ImageJ OpenCL support

Vincent Hindriksen vincent at streamcomputing.eu
Mon Jan 31 17:16:30 CST 2011

Dear Rick,

Maybe I was not clear: I did not use the code from the ImageDev-site,
but rewrote it. Mostly the low-level calls were replaced and I've used a
singleton-construction to avoid some OpenCL-problems. This way adding
other OpenCL-kernels can be done in just 3 steps in a clean way. I have
programmed all in a text-editor, but after I have done some javadoc
+clean-up in an IDE, added multi-image support and have finished my work
for my client, I'll provide the code. Then I would like it if you want
to discuss with me how we can combine the two branches.

If the Fiji and ImageJ will have better support for native libraries,
then it could solve a lot of current and future problems. Future
problems being other plugins which need native libraries.

Since Gimp has the same kind of support, I would like the kernels to
have the same structure (float* in, float* out, int width, int height,
extra_arguments). This way OpenCL-kernels can be shared.

I hope I can be of help in this project, or at least not delay it.

Kind regards,
Vincent Hindriksen

--

 V.G.Hindriksen MSc.