[ImageJ-devel] ImageJ Dev

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Nov 10 16:02:05 CST 2010

Hi Danny,

Sorry for the delay in my reply; I just returned from my EU trip and have
been catching up on email. I am CCing the ImageJDev list in case anyone else
had a similar question.

In the new concept it will be possible, that an plugin can get more than one
> inputs, like an image and maybe a number value, or whatever. How this
> will be realized out of the ImageJ GUI?
>
> At the moment it is not possible to pass two open images to an plugin,
> for example.

Sure. Actually, it is possible to pass multiple open images to a plugin now.
For example, try opening two images and then run Process > Image
Calculator... You'll notice that there are combo boxes for "Image1" and
"Image2" where you can select the images to use.

The declarative plugin mechanism I described in my talk will allow you to
annotate any number of ImagePlus objects as input parameters, and will show
a dialog with a similar interface, using combo boxes to allow selection of
available ImagePlus objects. So it should make it easier to have multiple
ImagePluses as input.

Does that answer your question?

-Curtis