[ImageJ-devel] Biweekly milestones

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu May 27 17:20:00 CDT 2010

Hi everyone,

As discussed during today's status report, I have configured biweekly
milestones through the end of the year on the ImageJ Trac. You can view them
at:
  http://imagejdev.org/trac/imagej/roadmap

Please use these milestones as a todo list over the course of each two-week
interval. These milestones will serve as an organizational tool, quick
reference and declaration to the community of how we are directing our
individual efforts.

Associated tickets (filed by logging in and clicking the "new ticket" button
on the top right) need not be complex—just one or two lines to remind
yourself of the task. When you can, try to break it down to actual "next
physical action" style tasks (see
http://zenhabits.net/why-whats-the-next-action-is-the-most-important-question/for
a nice article about this), even if you list more than one "next
action"
on the same ticket sometimes.

Cycles will begin on alternating Mondays (starting this Tuesday, June 1, due
to Memorial Day). On these Mondays, we will review our progress on the
previous cycle, troubleshoot any roadblocks with existing tickets, push
incomplete work into the next cycle, etc. On these Mondays, we can do this
instead of our usual "stand-up" meeting. Grant, it would be good if you
could join us for these biweekly reviews—we usually meet around 10:30am CST
(11:30am CST).

Please let me know if you have any questions about it!

-Curtis