[ImageJ-devel] Trac environments

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Jan 28 15:10:15 CST 2010

Hi everyone,

I have set up three Trac environments on the imagejdev.org web site, for
tracking the major Git repositories:
  * For ImageJ: http://imagejdev.org/trac/imagej
  * For the ImageJ test suite: http://imagejdev.org/trac/ij-tests
  * For imglib: http://imagejdev.org/trac/imglib

These Tracs each correspond to a Git repository on the server.

The Tracs are currently very minimally configured. For example, I have not
yet replaced the boilerplate on each front page. When I have time I will do
so, similar to the LOCI Software Trac at:
  https://skyking.microscopy.wisc.edu/trac/java

For now, the Tracs are most useful for graphically viewing commit timelines
(click the Timeline link), browsing source code in various branches, and
doing easy graphical diffs. There is also a ticketing system for issue
tracking, which we may start using further down the line.

The speed seems good at the moment, but we will see how it performs as the
Git repositories grow in complexity. I've heard that the Trac Git plugin has
some performance issues, but I'm not going to worry about it too much until
it becomes a problem for us.

Lastly, I still need to configure the authentication system for these Tracs,
so right now, no one has an account. I will work on this as the need arises.

-Curtis